About Sophia

hannah sophia lin the dragon warrior

As much as I’d like to say Bookwyrming Thoughts is my first and only blog, it’s the first and only blog (so far) that’s lasted long term because after calling it quits with another blog I started in early 2012, maybe my self-confidence was as flat as a green onion pancake and far less tasty. In other words, in October 2012 when I started plotting this blog and then launched on November 2, I definitely didn’t think I would blog about books for as long as it’ll turn out to be.

The Universe at Me in October 2012:

lol bts laughing

Joke’s on her.

hannah sophia lin the dragon warrior

Hi friends! My name is Sophia and although I’m now in my 20s and learned about the elevator pitch in my classes, I’m bad at talking about myself. I started blogging when I was 14 and while I enjoy 95% of the content I create, the remaining 5% are the embarrassments I’ve caused and Poor Choices™ made along the way. Although this percentage is more of a representation of my blogging, sometimes it feels like a representation of my Adulting skills.

When I’m not full of shenanigans or chaos on the blog, I’m bullet journaling, listening to K-Pop or tinkering with new projects that tend to get abandoned for various reasons. Occasionally I enjoy a good nap and search for delicious dim sum (but really, I just like food).

Some Favorites

K-Pop Groups and Artists: ATEEZ, EXO, CLC, Dreamcatcher, Taemin, Chung Ha, GOT7, VICTON, Everglow

Books: The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa, Shadow of the Fox trilogy by Julie Kagawa, Opposite of Always by Justin A. Reynolds, The Dragon Warrior by Katie Zhao, The Guild Codex series by Annette Marie

Quick Fun Facts

  • Born and raised in St. Louis, Missouri, but oftentimes I’m lost in my own hometown. awkward noises ensue
  • I once wrote out a ten-page paper and created an infographic for a class in 6 hours. 11/10 do not recommend.
  • Sophia is an alias I started using while blogging, and quite frankly, that might have been a Wise Choice™ made from my younger self.
  • Asian American, but half-Chinese, half-Vietnamese. I grew up more with my Chinese roots than Vietnamese, though.
  • I’m currently learning Korean! I’d start with Chinese since I know how to speak it (mostly but bye-lingual), but I have some unpleasant memories from childhood, so maybe I’ll learn reading and writing later.
  • Since 2017, I talk about books and K-pop on The Arts STL as a contributor.
  • Julie Kagawa is one of my all time favorite authors for more reasons than The Iron Fey series is one of my first forays into Young Adult books (which it is).

find sophia on the interwebs

Goodreads | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest
Email: sophia(at)bookwyrmingthoughts(dot)com

Asian Bookish Creators Directory (shutupshealea.com)