Happy release day to Lucky in Love! To celebrate, I have today’s stop on the Lucky in Love blog tour! I will be providing my review and my favorite quotes.Lucky in Love by Kasie West
Published by Scholastic on July 25th 2017
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance
The author/publisher provided a free copy of the book for review purposes - thank you! Receiving a review copy does not guarantee a positive review and therefore do not affect the opinion or content of the review.
Can’t buy me love…
Maddie’s not impulsive. She’s all about hard work and planning ahead. But one night, on a whim, she buys a lottery ticket. And then, to her astonishment—
In a flash, Maddie’s life is unrecognizable. No more stressing about college scholarships. Suddenly, she’s talking about renting a yacht. And being in the spotlight at school is fun…until rumors start flying, and random people ask her for loans. Now Maddie isn’t sure who she can trust.
Except for Seth Nguyen, her funny, charming coworker at the local zoo. Seth doesn’t seem aware of Maddie’s big news. And, for some reason, she doesn’t want to tell him. But what will happen if he learns her secret?
Kasie West’s books are all cute, light, and fluffy. This is no exception. It is also fast-paced which makes this good for a quick read.
This story is about Maddie and what she does after winning the lottery. The romance part takes a bit of a back seat here with the main focus on Maddie’s spending of her money. I didn’t really like that the main character kept spending her money without really thinking about it (ex. she rents a yacht for $20,000 just for an unnecessary party). Because she’s still just a young adult, she’s going to make mistakes and that really shows in the story. Also, I really liked her friends. They helped to carry the story well.
Overall, I liked the story and would definitely recommend this to someone who likes fast-paced YA contemporaries.
Top 5 Favorite Quotes
“Maybe we were all zeros in our own ways”
“I believe in making our own luck… But having a talisman now and again can help motivate us.”
“Sometimes regardless of what we want, reality takes over.”
“I think you can interpret dreams however you want. That there is no set meaning, only what you make of them.”
“We make our own luck… We chose our own fate. We controlled our own future. I knew what I wanted. I needed to go get it.”
About the Author:
I write YA. I eat Junior Mints. Sometimes I go crazy and do both at the same time. My novels are: PIVOT POINT and its sequel SPLIT SECOND. And my contemporary novels: THE DISTANCE BETWEEN US, ON THE FENCE, THE FILL-IN BOYFRIEND, PS I LIKE YOU, and BY YOUR SIDE. My agent is the talented and funny Michelle Wolfson.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
– Adventures of a Book Junkie : Interview
– Forever 17 Books : Review
– Novel Ink : Review + Favourite Quotes
– Serial Bibliophile : Review
– Daydreaming Books : Review
– Feed Your Fiction Addiction : Guest Post
– A Thousand Words A Million Books : Review + Favourite Quotes
– The Bibliophile Confessions : Review
– Lost in Lit : Review + Favourite Quotes
– Boricuan Bookworms : Review
– Wishful Endings : Guest Post
– SuperSpaceChick : Review
– The Hollow Cupboards : Review + Playlist + Dream Cast
– The Heart of a Book Blogger : Review
– Library of a Book Witch : Review + Favourite Quotes
– Her Book Thoughts : Review
– Here’s to Happy Endings : Review
– FLYLēF Reviews : Review
– TheBooktarian : Review + Favourite Quotes
– Soph Reads Books : Review
– LILbooKlovers : Interview
– Reading Is My SuperPower : Review
– The Book Return : Review
– Lazy Book Lovers : Review
– Rebel Mommy Book Blog : Review
– The Candid Cover : Review + Playlist + Dream Cast
– A Backwards Story : Review
– Happily Ever Chapter : Review
– Between the Pages : Review
– Bookwyrming Thoughts : Review + Favorite Quotes