February started off with nature rearing its frosty head at Missouri and other states because it was fucking cold and I hated it. (And not because I ended up late to work because it’s my first winter as a fully functioning Adult who works at 8 am. Although maybe that’s a big reason why other than me being a natural sleepyhead. 😴) Quite literally, it was misery as I sometimes like to call my own state.
And then it kind of got all nice and springy a week later. It’s been nice since. 🤨
This Month’s Posts
- [7 Feb] Bookwyrm Breakdown: It’s 2021, What?
- [9 Feb] This Golden Flame by Emily Victoria
- [12 Feb] Woods of Silver and Light by Victoria McCombs ★★★★
- [16 Feb] The Iron Raven by Julie Kagawa ★★★★½
- [22 Feb] Spear by Realm Lovejoy ★★½
A few of my holds that I pushed off broke free but I only borrowed A Taste for Love by Jennifer Yen and Siri, Who Am I? by Sam Tschida. The rest I’ve been utilizing the deliver later option
enough times my library probably thinks I’m abusing it.
So… remember my extremely strong start in January? February just laughed right in my face. I guess I was all read out from January, oops.
What I Remember Reading:
(But really, I just cheated by looking on Goodreads.)
- The Iron Raven by Julie Kagawa
- Stepsister by Jennifer Donnelly
- A Taste for Love by Jennifer Yen
- Woods of Silver and Light by Victoria McCombs
- Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
- Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
Media we’ve consumed and enjoyed, or what we’re looking forward to that’s been announced lately.
SHINEE’S BACK! One of the first K-Pop groups I got into released their 7th album on February 22 titled Don’t Call Me. I wasn’t the biggest fan of the album overall, but I’ve always been pretty selective with SHINee, so I’m not surprised. Favorites include Don’t Call Me and Body Rhythm.
- GOT7 released their first song since leaving JYP titled Encore
- Mark (GOT7) released a single called One In A Million
- Kingdom made their debut with Excalibur
- Um, I love the concept??? And their debut stage???
- I also enjoyed their mini album overall and honestly they might become one of my favorite groups quickly at this rate
I have a few other songs and music videos that released this month I’ve yet to get around to… when I clear out my YouTube watch later, that is.
What catastrophes has the universe handed us throughout the month? Let’s find out. 🧐
You’d think with the two extra off days right after the Lunar New Year would result in me actually getting something done, but uh… I think I kind of just abandoned life and floated throughout the month. Which… is valid and very much okay considering there’s a pandemic
that people seem to think no longer exists but I guess I feel a little guilty? And I know I shouldn’t feel guilty. 😕
I think now that we’re a year in (geezus) and I’m not dealing with classes anymore (#feelsweirdstill), it’s actually really starting to hit me mentally and emotionally. Or maybe it’s long hit me but I’m just now realizing this.
What I’ve Been Doing Though
- Messing around on Fandom Wiki
- I just want to say the mobile version is more painful than Blogger on mobile
- Playing mobile games
- Sleeping and working
Honestly, I think working on the Fandom Wiki for RP purposes and listening to music has been giving me the most satisfying distraction throughout the entire month.