In honor of the supposedly spookiest time of the year, Bookwyrming Thoughts is getting taken over for the purposes of Novel Newcomers. This week’s takeover is done by Valerie from He Said Books or Me, and she has a Halloween recipe to share! (It’s really quick to make, so if you need some last minute treats… ;))
Happy Halloween! I am Valerie, and I blog at He Said Books or Me (hesaidbooksorme.blogspot.com). I started blogging in May 2015 and I am excited to be here today to talk with you about one of my favorite holidays: Halloween!
As a kid, I grew up in the Midwest so I don’t ever really remember Halloween without snow. That said it didn’t stop us from exploring, trick or treating, or dressing up. I remember one year I had broken my ankle and was on crutches, I was a ‘crazy cat on crutches’ (over my snow pants). Thinking about Halloween always brings back happy memories for me.
Here is a picture of the costumes that I got for me and my dog to wear this year:
One of things I like to do at Halloween is share happy memories with others. This is why I took a few minutes to jot down a few of my favorite things about Halloween.
1) The weather! I love Fall and that it is finally cooler outside.
2) The candy. Can anyone say Reeses Peanut Butter Pumpkins? Yummy!
3) The costumes. I love seeing the kids excited and looking so cute!
4) The trick or treating. Similar to 3, I get to give the kids candy. 🙂
5) The food. People are so creative! Check out pinterest for lots of Halloween food ideas.
What is your favorite part of Halloween? Thanks Sophia for allowing me to be on your blog today!
Happy Halloween! Hope you have a great day!