Review Policy Updated: December 24, 2020
Thank you for your interest and consideration in Bookwyrming Thoughts!
Please take the time to read this review policy before reaching out as we want to ensure your request fits the blog and our audience. We highly recommend viewing our most recent posts and reviews as doing so will give you a better understanding of our individual reading tastes and writing styles, and if your book is right for the blog. Kindly refrain from reaching out with requests on our social media accounts as they go unanswered, especially our personal profiles.
- We try our best to remain as open and honest in our reviews, but review copies do not guarantee a positive review.
- All reviews are shared through Goodreads and social media links, which can be found in the sidebar (most screens) or below (mobile and tablets).
- Reviews are based on our thoughts and experiences while reading the book, and a negative review will be specifically about the book, not the author. DNF reviews focuses only on what was read, not the entire book.
Requests are accepted on a case-by-case basis and will go unanswered if denied; accepted requests will generally get a response in 1-3 weeks depending on our personal schedules.
We do not accept a review copy if:
- we likely won’t enjoy the book*
- various community members have expressed concerns about the book or the author
- we have read an excerpt of the book and found some content that is harmful/problematic
- the content of the book is triggering for us*
- we are at reviewing capacity and don’t feel we can take on more books for review*
- we are not accepting review requests*
*most common reasons why requests will go unanswered
Lupe is NOT accepting review requests
In other words, the answer is no. Please refrain from sending requests to her because it probably won’t go answered.
Sophia is accepting VERY LIMITED requests
Please note I’m currently up to my ears in life and on a bit of a hiatus of sorts.
- Advanced Reading Copies (ARCs) and Final copies
- Traditional and Small Press
- Limited Self-Published
Electronic copies are preferred, although a physical copy will be accepted on a case-by-case basis. Netgalley and Edelweiss invites can be sent to sophia(at)bookwyrmingthoughts(dot)com. Please note physical copies will have a delay of two weeks under quarantine. I also have Kindle Unlimited (although I am considering switching Scribd instead), and my library has access to Hoopla, which has a huge selection of indie books as audiobooks. I’m not too keen with audio, though.
I primarily read young adult, although I may sometimes read new adult and middle grade. Very rarely will I pick up an adult book.
Fantasy, paranormal and science fiction are strongly preferred, but I’m willing to pick up the occasional contemporary or historical fiction.
I am an OwnVoices reviewer for Asian American representation and first generation American, specifically Chinese and Vietnamese. Please note I’m far more familiar with Chinese culture than Vietnamese.
Suicide, self-harm, sexual assault and harassment, and abuse are triggering content for me. I may sometimes read books containing these themes, but this will depend on my mental health and how it’s handled. In the case I DNF a book because of my own wellbeing, a review will generally not be written unless I have an issue with the way the content was handled. The former will be communicated privately.
- I freely review on my own time and don’t have readily available home internet access (I do have unlimited mobile data, but this opens up room for errors). As such, I can no longer commit to deadlines and ensure reviews will be posted before or on publication dates. Generally, I’m aiming for shortly after, but I can’t make any promises.
- If I’ve reviewed one of your works before, I more than likely will try to fit you into my schedule.
- Review requests are solely for reviews – any additional promotion (social media, blog features) will be up to discretion, but I am open to paid promotion and partnerships.
- For books I really enjoy, I may consider recommending your book to my local library! I am fortunate (and privileged) to be able to have access to one of the largest libraries in my state.
- I am a US-based blogger.
SEND IN A REQUEST
Please contact me via email at sophia(at)bookwyrmingthoughts(dot)com with the following information:
- Book Title, Series (if applicable) and Author(s)
- Publisher and Publication Date
- Age Groups and Genres
- Synopsis and Goodreads link
- Additional information you would like us to know