Review Policy Updated: January 15, 2019
Thank you for your interest and consideration in Bookwyrming Thoughts. We want to ensure your request fits the blog and our audience, so we have listed some guidelines throughout this page to hopefully clarify things for you.
As bloggers and influencers, we want to retain our audience’s trust in us, so we try our best to remain as open and honest in our reviews. Review copies do not guarantee a positive review. All reviews are shared through Goodreads and social media links, which can be found in the sidebar (on most screens) or below (mobile).
Please include the following information in your request:
- Book Title and Series (if applicable)
- Publisher and Publication Date
- Age Group(s) and Genre(s)
- Information about the book – synopsis, Goodreads, website, etc.
- Deadline (if applicable) – we request approximately a month ahead of time or longer so we are given enough time to read, review, edit, etc.
- Additional information you would like us to know
Lupe (USA) – NOT accepting requests
Because Lupe is NOT accepting requests, her preferences for review will not be listed. When she is open to requests again, she will list them.
Sophia (USA) – Accepting LIMITED requests
- Advanced Reading Copies (ARCs)
- Traditional and Small Press
- Limited Self-Published
Electronic copies are preferred, although a physical copy will be accepted on a case-by-case basis. Netgalley and Edelweiss invites can be sent to sophia(at)bookwyrmingthoughts(dot)com.
- Young Adult – Fantasy, Science Fiction, Paranormal, Contemporary, etc.
- New Adult – Fantasy, Science Fiction, etc.
- Middle Grade – Fantasy
Genres NOT Accepted:
- Non-fiction – a rare exception will be made depending on the topic
- Writing samples
#OwnVoices Representation (if the book or author falls under any of these identities and you are looking for #ownvoices reviews): Asian (Chinese, Vietnamese, though I am more familiar with Chinese culture), First Generation American.
Books Frequently Avoided/Higher Chance of Being Put Down:
- Sexual assault and harassment as a plot device
- Extremely graphic content that makes her comfortable
- Problematic content, especially in regards to Asian representation
To fully understand if your book is right for the blog, we highly recommend viewing our most recent posts and reviews, which will give you a better understanding of our individual reading tastes and writing styles.
Our reviews are based on our thoughts and experiences while reading the book. When we write a negative or positive review, our review states the reasons why we did or did not enjoy the book while keeping our unique voice. We try our best to remain critical and constructive about the book, so while a book may not work for us, it may work well with another reader.
We reserve the right to deny a request due to our personal schedules and interests, as we are both in college and have full-time jobs. Any request that is denied will go unanswered. Please do not send us requests on our social media, as those will go unanswered as well. Furthermore, if you choose to seek out our personal Facebook profiles and send a message request, we reserve the right to block you.
Thank you for taking the time to read through our review policy. If you feel your novel fits any of the above requirements, please contact the reviewer of choice. We look forward to working with you!