This is the time where we expose the series that we each have not read yet. Oh let the shaming begin.
- Sophia: But don’t you mean the book shoving begins? 😅
- Anelise: Haha I agree! *shoves piles of books in front of everyone*
Shatter Me trilogy and then some (BECAUSE THEY EXTENDED IT GOSH DARN IT) – Lupe has been shoving this series at me for YEARSSS.
- Lupe: HOMEGIRL. You have not LIVED yet! Trust me on this one. You will thank me forever once you start reading this.
- Sophia: I’m a sheltered bean.
- Anelise: I read the first and I think you should definitely at least read book one. Also, Lupe might accidentally murder you if you don’t. *coughs*
And well, it’s been sitting there on my TBR for those years. I keep finding excuses, like this audiobook I’m listening to currently (I think this narrator has a southern accent. O.o)
The Illuminae Files by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman – Illuminae first came out when I started court reporting lessons, and I was originally interested because I wanted to practice those skills on something I actually enjoyed (Illuminae is written through different formats, so I’m bound to find an interview transcript.).
Now it’s just me wondering what the hype is all about.
- Anelise: I’ve read Illuminae and I really liked it but still haven’t read Gemina oops. I have a problem reading sequels/finishing series. Anyway, I’d say that this series is pretty good and you should try it. But yeah… *shoves book in Sophia’s face* read it.
Harry Potter – MUAHAHA FIRST SERIES HACKED BY SOPHIA (not literally, more like wrote it in).
- Anelise: wait a second… Lupe still hasn’t read Harry Potter?! You have been deprived, child!
- Sophia: SHE HASN’T WATCHED FINDING NEMO EITHER. AREN’T I SUPPOSED TO BE THE SHELTERED ONE???
- Lupe: Wait. Wait. Wait. HOLD UP! I haven’t read the books because they just intimidated me when I was younger. It’s true. I haven’t seen Finding Nemo, BUT I have seen half of Finding Dory. I do have to say, I did start crying the first five minutes of that movie. DON’T JUDGE ME! I will read HP and watch those movies. Eventually……
- Sophia: Excuses.
- Anelise: *coughs*
The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. I have seen this all over social media and all of my favorite booktubers have read it. I have never gotten around to reading it yet. There’s still time for me to start it, but who knows when I will.
- Sophia: Tragedies of a bookworm. I haven’t read this.
- Anelise: *gasps* How have you not read this yet? I have! *stares at huge looming TBR pile behind me* Okay fair enough… Someday you’d better read this series (and I’m talking to the both of you!)
The Selection by Kiera Cass. The books have such beautiful covers, and I’m still trying to get myself into starting this amazing series I keep hearing from everyone. If you didn’t know already, I have been in a book slump for a bit over a year. I have read books here and there, but haven’t actively read much as I used to which explains why I STILL haven’t read Harry Potter.
- Sophia: I haven’t read this, either…
- Anelise: Meh. I loved it the first time I read it but when I reread it I didn’t like it as much. Characters came off as too whiny or indecisive *cough* America Singer *cough* (Plus, who names their character based off of a country and said character’s job?) (Agree with the covers though.)
The Mortal Instruments – Okay, I admit I’ve read the first three books but that was like two years ago. I still haven’t picked it back up, not because I don’t like it (I really love the series) but because I’m drowning in my other unread books on my shelf so yeah…
- Meanwhile… Sophia read the first two and called it quits. Lupe also read the first two and gave up as usual. They have similar reading tastes.
- Lupe: GURL. I haven’t read Legend either!
- Sophia: Me neither. (We have a mutual TBR list!)
- Anelise: We should do read-along thingies where we shove books at each other and read them together!
Throne of Glass – I’m interested in seeing what all the hype is about. But I won’t consider reading this until the whole series is out that way, if I end up liking it, I can binge the whole series instead of waiting for book(s) to come out.
- Sophia: Oh good, the rest of us hasn’t read this either. (MAAS CAME TO MY LOCAL BARNES AND NOBLE ON MY BIRTHDAY AND THERE WAS A BOOKTUBER TOO. I MISSED OUT. WHAT IS THIS.)
- Anelise: Whaaaa?! Lucky! Not many big authors come to my city (sad).
Then there are so many other series I need to start but can’t list because this post would never end (probably the same with Sophia and Lupe) haha. *TBR starts crushing Anelise even more than before and Anelise dies cries*
Well, there you have it. All a (most likely) tiny percentage of the books we still have not read are out in the open. Trust us, there are still more series we haven’t read yet. I’m sure you can find other series we have not read based on our accounts on Goodreads. If you do so happen to find that one of us hasn’t read your favorite series yet, please tell us in the comments below or tweet us! We’re more than happy to extend our never-ending TBR list.
- Sophia: This is so asking for trouble, Lupe.
- Anelise: Lupe, I hope that last sentence is supposed to be sarcastic…