Okay, so Roberta from Offbeat YA has oh-so-kindly pointed out to me on Twitter that I’m posting like once every fortnight (with the occasional other than Novel Newcomers ’16 post).
I think the entire blogosphere has been well aware of that for the past few months…
ANYWAYS. I’m currently trying to get my foot back into the blogging shoes and well… starting with a plethora of micro-reviews isn’t a really good idea sooo
I might as well start with what’s been happening for the past few months that my existence in the blogosphere is the equivalent to air.
I officially graduated high school. Hooray! So did Lupe, who got permission from my mom to kidnap me for the entire day, and it was great.
I just didn’t feel like blogging. Motivation = Low. Lupe feels my pain. Truth be told, I enjoy this hiatus. It feels great to do nothing but read (aside from carrying on my life).
Yes… there were definitely boy problems involved…. Okay, long story short, a guy I knew for a few months was interested in me, we started texting on a daily basis, maybe bipolar me who is afraid of being in a relationship (or maybe just intimacy) made its appearance, a few mistakes were made on both sides, silent treatment was involved, drama llamas marched, we made peace and a few weeks later said, “Screw this. Let’s just stick with being friends.” On the bright side, I did learn a lot more about myself. And earned in a friend in the process. It’s a weird friendship, but okay. Let’s go with it.
I got hair extensions! I have red and purple – a lot of people like purple, but there’s a lot more reaction to the red. It fit perfectly until I got a haircut….
I got a new phone, which means I can go make plans to dominate the world again with my shenanigans. Not that I’m not already not making plans…. but no one’s supposed to know that aside from maybe Lupe and Ella.
My work schedule has been a little weird. I blame this as why I forgot to schedule a guest post for Novel Newcomers. But never fear – this special potato will be featured another day. 😉
I got a Ravenclaw lanyard. And I have a funny story in regards to my sorting… before Pottermore, I always got Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff on sorting hat quizzes. Pottermore 1.0 comes out and I’m sorted into Ravenclaw. Pottermore 2.0 says I’m Gryffindor. Someone explain to me what this madness is.
We might be looking for one or two more additions to Bookwyrming Thoughts sometime in the near future.
(The Choice is Quite Optional For Some)
- The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead (ARC) – So um… I lost my notes, and now I have to base the review off my memory…. Fudge.
- The Blood Between Us by Zac Brewer (ARC)
- Demigods and Monsters by Raye Wagner
- Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
- Bookishly Ever After by Isabel Bandeira (ARC) – I saw this featured at the library! I also saw The Abyss Surrounds Us and The Rule of Mirrors, which I still haven’t gotten around to reading the ARCs… and then I accidentally checked out The Girl from Everywhere when I still have the ARC, so I guess I’ll just submit a review of the final version on Netgalley???
- And I Darken by Kiersten White (ARC) – So… I didn’t even realize until sometime last week that this might be the first DNF I’ve had this year. Wowzers.
- The Blood of the Hydra by Michelle Madow (ARC)
- Xander and the Lost Island of Monsters by Margaret Dilloway (ARC) – I also saw this at the library.
- The Steep and Thorny Way by Cat Winters – Hamlet. That is all.
- Kiss Kill Love Him Still by Jamie Blair and Dawn Rae Miller
- The Abyss Surrounds Us by Emily Skrutskie (ARC) – Sea monsters and pirates is all you need to know to pick up this one. Also, it’s a really cute sea monster…
- Spark by Holly Schindler (ARC)
- Withering Rose by Kaitlyn Davis (ARC)
- Rise by Jennifer Anne Davis (ARC)
- The Rampart Guards by Wendy Terrien – I’m going to start posting this on the blog, but it’s only on Goodreads and Amazon. And probably the only “normal” sized review from this stack.
- The Rose Society by Marie Lu – So… the book is better than the audio version. Then again, I was half asleep when I listened to The Young Elites…
(With the Hopes of Being Completed by the end of the Summer…)
- Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman – I also wanted Shadowshaper and a bunch of others, but they can wait.
- Prophecy by Coreena McBurnie – A review request sent months ago that I haven’t gotten around to…
- The Everlasting Circle by Juliana Haygert (ARC) – I really should have said no, but I’ve been waiting for like two years for the final book in the Everlast trilogy.
- The Head of Medusa by Michelle Madow (ARC) – Precisely why The Blood of the Hydra got moved up on the priority reading list.
- Song of the Sending by Corinne O’Flynn – I don’t even need to worry about this for a good while.
- Girl Last Seen by Heather Anastasiu and Anne Greenwood Brown (ARC)
- The Rule of Mirrors by Caragh M O’Brien (ARC)
- The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Helig – Once upon an ARC that I forgot I had on my tablet and ended up with a final copy at the library.
- Beyond the Red by Ava Jae (ARC)
- Into the Dim by Janet Taylor (ARC)
- Stone Field by Christy Lenzi (ARC) – I think it’s set in my home state, which might be one of the reasons why I requested it in the first place… o_o
- The Butterfly Crest by Eva Vanrell
Anyways… that’s what I’ve been up to for the past few months, what I’m currently up to (sort of), and what’s coming… at least in the reading department. Whether or not I follow it, on the other hand… is another story entirely.