We’re trying this weekly wrap-up thing occasionally (if not every week) because well… why not? (Also I sometimes miss participating in The Sunday Post and doing posts other than bookish related.)
And to answer any questions about the new theme… we made the move from Blogger to WordPress and did very shiny things (this includes the smol little dragon in the header, the weekly wrap-up, and the revamped Fangirl Friday now Fandom Friday).
This dragon sums up our feelings sometimes. Or as Elena would say, the wrap-up is the after party, the dragon partied too hard and got too tired. (This is the cleaner version of her words, though.)
This Week’s Posts
- [6 Mar] Should You Collect Bookish Quotes? (Ft. Reasons Why You Should)
- [8 Mar] The Neverland Wars by Audrey Greathouse ★
- Fire and Bone by Rachel A. Marks (Review Copy) – This is pitched as “Gossip Girl meets Percy Jackson in the glitz and grit of LA” so I’m very curious what this will entail. Also Percy Jackson vibes in Hollywood? Um hello. Fire and Bone will a) be good, b) be bad or c) be as horrible as the worst of the worst DNFs.
- Hullmetal Girls by Emily Skrutskie (Netgalley) – I read her debut novel and absolutely loved it, so I’m super excited to read her next novel. Plus SPACE. 😍😍😍
- Restore Me by Tahereh Mafi (Best thing I ever bought at B&N)- GUYS YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND! I dragged my poor mother to Barnes and Noble the day it was released. Have I mentioned that it was freezing that day? I feel bad for my mom for having to put up with my craziness.
The Reading Life
I’m currently reading The Heart Forger by Rin Chupeco and OMG IT IS SO SO SO GOOD. I think my legs would be kicking in excitement, but I would come across as crazy?
You should have guessed by now that the book I’m reading is nonetheless Restore Me by Tahereh Mafi. I’m almost finished! It’s very intense with lots of plot twists. I seriously need the next book PRONTO!
It’s Spring Break for me!
Hahaha, who I am kidding what is a break when you’re busy running around doing school related things. This week outside the blogging universe, I did midterms (back to back), worked, and took a mini break from reformatting all the blog posts before the move.
Oh, and sorry, New York. Missouri didn’t mean to take around two inches of snow and give you the rest… whoops.
I’m also on Spring Break! I’m obsessed with Restore Me. What a shocker, right? Unlike Sophia, I only had two midterms this week, but I did get philosophy homework for spring break. Philosophy is no fun, no offense to philosophy majors.
Not related to books, but I’m also obsessed with my bullet journal! I’ve never been a fan of regular planners and thought I should give this a try. I don’t regret the choice whatsoever! It’s a way for me to be creative, get back in touch with my drawing skills, and have fun designing weekly and monthly templates!