It’s been a bit of a week, with The Belles and Brujas tour stopping by on Thursday (and I found out Sabaa Tahir was in town Tuesday omg how was it missed). 😍
Let’s just say I loved my second bookish event. Bring a friend with you, always. (SHE WON A BOOK HER FIRST TIME AT A BOOK EVENT. 😱)
This Week’s Posts
- [18 Jun] The Art of Escaping by Erin Callahan ★★★
- [20 Jun] Should You Collect Books You DNF? You Should and Here’s Why
- Ruin the Stars by Linsey Miller – I read Mask of Shadows last year and while it was very descriptive, it was action-packed and there was murder. I’m trash for murderous stories.
- American Panda by Gloria Chao – Read and finished in a few sittings (technically one because I would have if I could). Thank you for writing a book I can relate to. 😭😭😭
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor – She’s coming in October for Muse of Nightmares 😍
- Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Cordova – I would have brought all the books on the tour, but budget. 😅😅😅 (It’s shiny and pretty and I’m just… 😍)
- My Calculus Textbook
- My Computer Literacy Textbook which will soon be irrelevant by the time I get done with this summer course
I finished American Panda shortly after getting it and started Strange the Dreamer. Note: I’m probably not going to listen to Laini Taylor’s books on audio again because I can’t keep my attention span there.
Still listening to Gemina. I should just give up.
I’m SLOWLY reading Only Dead on the Inside: A Parent’s Guide to Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse by James Breakwell (A.K.A @XplodingUnicorn on Twitter). No. I am not a parent or plan to be. I just love his tweets so much that I decided to buy his book to support him. It’s a fun and easy read so far!
I went to The Belles and Brujas tour, which featured Dhonielle Clayton, Zoraida Cordova, Tracy Banghart and Mike Oshiro. (I really should have brought a copy of Rebel Wing because I enjoyed that series so much. 😭)
Note: I would have bought a copy of each of their books but restraint. 🤣
I also spent some time taking photos for Instagram! It’s come to my attention I might not be able to later on in the fall so I need to gather photos prompto.
Let’s see… Work is killing me. Calculus is ALSO killing me. I haven’t taken a real math class since Fall 2015. I don’t remember how to do basic stuff. So I feel like I’m busier than ever before and I have learned my lesson. So I’ll pass my wisdom down to those fellow college students out there. DON’T TAKE A MATH CLASS IN THE SUMMER UNLESS YOU HATE YOURSELF.
I’m also in a little bit of a book slump. What a surprise right? The book I’m reading is just a fun book, but I want to get back into the groove of things. If you get what I am saying here. I would truly appreciate some book suggestions to slowly get myself out of this math misery I’m in!