It’s been a bit of a week, with The Belles and Brujas tour stopping by on Thursday (and I found out Sabaa Tahir was in town Tuesday omg how was it missed). 😍
Let’s just say I loved my second bookish event. Bring a friend with you, always. (SHE WON A BOOK HER FIRST TIME AT A BOOK EVENT. 😱)
This Week’s Posts
- [18 Jun] The Art of Escaping by Erin Callahan ★★★
- [20 Jun] Should You Collect Books You DNF? You Should and Here’s Why
- [22 Jun] Fandom Friday: FIFA World Cup 2018 + more!
- Ruin the Stars by Linsey Miller – I read Mask of Shadows last year and while it was very descriptive, it was action-packed and there was murder. I’m trash for murderous stories.
- American Panda by Gloria Chao – Read and finished in a few sittings (technically one because I would have if I could). Thank you for writing a book I can relate to. 😭😭😭
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor – She’s coming in October for Muse of Nightmares 😍
- Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Cordova – I would have brought all the books on the tour, but budget. 😅😅😅 (It’s shiny and pretty and I’m just… 😍)
- My Calculus Textbook
- My Computer Literacy Textbook which will soon be irrelevant by the time I get done with this summer course
I finished American Panda shortly after getting it and started Strange the Dreamer. Note: I’m probably not going to listen to Laini Taylor’s books on audio again because I can’t keep my attention span there.
Still listening to Gemina. I should just give up.
I’m SLOWLY reading Only Dead on the Inside: A Parent’s Guide to Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse by James Breakwell (A.K.A @XplodingUnicorn on Twitter). No. I am not a parent or plan to be. I just love his tweets so much that I decided to buy his book to support him. It’s a fun and easy read so far!
I went to The Belles and Brujas tour, which featured Dhonielle Clayton, Zoraida Cordova, Tracy Banghart and Mike Oshiro. (I really should have brought a copy of Rebel Wing because I enjoyed that series so much. 😭)
Note: I would have bought a copy of each of their books but restraint. 🤣
I also spent some time taking photos for Instagram! It’s come to my attention I might not be able to later on in the fall so I need to gather photos prompto.
Let’s see… Work is killing me. Calculus is ALSO killing me. I haven’t taken a real math class since Fall 2015. I don’t remember how to do basic stuff. So I feel like I’m busier than ever before and I have learned my lesson. So I’ll pass my wisdom down to those fellow college students out there. DON’T TAKE A MATH CLASS IN THE SUMMER UNLESS YOU HATE YOURSELF.
I’m also in a little bit of a book slump. What a surprise right? The book I’m reading is just a fun book, but I want to get back into the groove of things. If you get what I am saying here. I would truly appreciate some book suggestions to slowly get myself out of this math misery I’m in!
Let’s talk: How was your week? Did The Belles and Brujas tour stop near you? Did Sabaa Tahir stop near you? What book suggestions do you have for Lupe to get out of her book slump?
Latest posts by Sophia (see all)
- Kerys from The Everlasting Library | Novel Newcomers - June 17, 2019
- The Chosen by Taran Matharu | The good type of no action - June 13, 2019
- Red Winter by Annette Marie | Not feeling this one, may try audiobook - June 6, 2019