One of the first things you think of when you think of college is a roommate.
Of course, you might be like me, who’s a commuter, because gosh darn it, those room and board expenses are well… expensive. And if you can avoid those expenses, you might as well avoid it.
My mom probably thinks I’m there to be a pest on a daily basis.
Roommates are a little tricky because you’re stuck with them. You’re living with them!
You don’t know if they’re good, bad, or even worse, an absolute nightmare. #roommatehorrorstories. And it’s not like you can run home if you’re in another state or another country.
Wouldn’t it be better if you could have fictional characters as roommates instead?
1. They might ask you to join their new adventures!
Would you rather listen to a lecture all day or would you rather go slay demons with Shadowhunters?
2. You know full well your fictional crush is taken.
It sucks, doesn’t it, knowing you can’t have them.
3. You’ll probably get in trouble. A lot.
You’re not supposed to have weapons after all. And unless they don’t bring their weapons in… you’re risking yourselves.
4. You don’t know when they’ll be back or if they’ll be back.
They’re too busy saving the world or having monsters chasing after them, so they’re always at risk of death.
5. There will never be a dull moment.
Chances are, they’ll tell you all about their adventures if you can’t go with them. It’s one thing to look forward to at the end of the day when you’re about to sleep, right?
6. You’ll get along with them for sure.
They don’t know you, but you know them inside and out. You know what makes them happy, what makes them upset, what peeves them, etc.
7. They can easily kill you in your sleep.
If anyone can wield a knife better than a cook, it’s a fictional character. You’re better not pissing them off.
8. They won’t touch your books for the most part.
Do they really want to read about themselves? Do they want to hear their loved ones dying? Probably not.
9. They’re going to be relying on you.
They know their world, but they don’t know your world. Should they choose to retire from demon hunting and monster slaying, they’re going to be looking to you to help guide them through this world.
10. You might end up falling in love with them for reals.
Oh dear, you’re now a walking trope. Will the creator find out and write you into their story? 😱
Deep down you hope they’ll break up with their loves from the story they came from so you can snatch them up.
Let’s talk, bookwyrms! Would you rather a fictional character as your roommate or a person? Who do you want as your roommate if you could choose?
Latest posts by Sophia (see all)
- Anti-Valentine’s Day Tag | I’ll Never Win Over Will Herondale - February 14, 2019
- Two Witches and a Whiskey by Annette Marie | I devoured this! - February 7, 2019
- The Flame Queen by Dax Munro | An absolute, cringe-worthy mess - February 5, 2019