So it’s May, it’s been a year I’ve been officially done with school, and it’s still strange not having finals.
(Also I wrote this on my phone because I can’t arsed to pull up my laptop and actually write on there.)
This Month’s Posts
- [5 Apr] Bookwyrm Breakdown – March 2021, Plain and Simple
- [8 Apr] After the Fall by E.C. Myers ★★★
- [14 Apr] Language Tag | Where I Reveal I Have Commitment Issues Even with Languages
- [28 Apr] Into the Dim by Janet B. Taylor ★★★
- Haven by Mary Lindsey
- A book that came in the mail but I can’t be arsed to open it just yet
- I can hear Ruby from Bookishly Ruby across the pond screaming “UNHAULLLLLLLL!” No one tell her.
Look, I don’t know what happened to Sophia. She got eaten and this is her evil incarnate who reads a lot.
- Last Stand by Rachel E. Carter – Finally finished the last novel in The Black Mage series! Despite some of my issues with the series and first few books, I do think this was a solid ending and I’m interested in Carter’s future works.
- Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa (Audiobook) – I first read and review the eARC of this, but I’ve always wanted to reread it in audiobook form since I’ve heard good things. I also finished the sequel as well in audio! (Let’s just say I didn’t struggle as much as the ARC.)
- The Gilded Ones by Namina Forna – This started out strong and got a little slow, but I think partially this was because I just didn’t feel like tackling all the issues covered (which I really enjoyed, but I wasn’t in the mood). I enjoyed this overall, but I think I might give this a try again in audiobook form to see if I might enjoy it better.
- The Ones We’re Meant to Find by Joan He (ARC) – I’m still a little conflicted even if it’s been weeks later and I’ve essentially written up my review for the blog tour.
- Celestial by Olivia Wildenstein – So I forgot Feather had a sequel until I checked my stats out of pure curiosity and saw my review for that one has been getting constant hits for a few months. Oops.
Media we’ve consumed and enjoyed, or what we’re looking forward to that’s been announced lately.
I actually watched movies (or movie versions of shows) this month, so I have more than a constant stream of casually shoving K-Pop groups at everyone. Also remember my goal of watching a movie a week? Lol I failed but I apparently decided I’m going to make up for it in April.
- Step Up: Year of the Dance – As much as I like dance movies, this was a disappointment and could’ve been better.
- RWBY Volume 7
- Parasite – Honestly, out of all the movies on this list, this one is my favorite.
- Accidentally Engaged – Once in a while, I like cheesy romance movies.
But I’m still going to shove some of my favorite songs that released this month, most of which are K-Pop. I also spent a significant amount of time listening to old U-Kiss, Infinite and Taylor Swift songs (including the new versions!).
- Hush – Kim Sung Kyu
- Antidote – Kang Daniel
- You – Checkmate
- Unnatural – WJSN
- After School – Weeekly
- Like Water – Wendy
- Met Him Last Night – Demi Lovato ft. Ariana Grande
- Guess Who? (Album) – Itzy
What catastrophes has the universe handed us throughout the month? Let’s find out. 🧐
My mom got her first COVID-19 vaccine this month! Other than that, I just appear to have a lot of free time on my hands outside of being a cog in the wheel and questioning humanity because I’m avoiding Adulting™.
Other Things I Did:
- Webtoons upon webtoons
- Sleeping more than usual, but maybe my body is Stressed™ and sleep is the coping mechanism
- More plotting
- Convince 3 people to read Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa
- Have an existential crisis
- Even more plotting