This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase using that link, a small commission is made from the sale. There are no additional costs to you. Thank you for your support!Feather by Olivia Wildenstein
Angels of Elysium #1
Published by Self-Published on January 16, 2020
Genres: New Adult, Paranormal, Romance
"Decadent and romantic in every way, Feather exquisitely blurs the line between good and evil." - CASEY L. BOND, author of When Wishes Bleed
It was supposed to be a quick mission. The only thing quick about it was how rapidly I failed.
With only a month left to earn her missing feathers, twenty-year-old Leigh embarks on a trip to Paris to meet her newest project, twenty-five-year-old Jarod Adler, leader of the Parisian Mafia and the worst kind of sinner . . . a Triple.
If Leigh can get Jarod to accomplish a single act of kindness, she stands to win 100 feathers, more than enough to complete her wings and ascend to Elysium, the land of angels.
What she doesn't count on is Jarod's dark charm costing her feathers.
She's dead set on saving him, and he's dead set on destroying her.
Until he realizes destroying her wings is also destroying her heart.
A heart he longs to hear beat only for him.
A modern ROMEO & JULIET retelling featuring an epic sinner and the angel who'll stop at nothing to save him. Perfect for fans of dark supernatural romance.
The author/publisher provided a free copy of the book for review purposes - thank you! Receiving a review copy does not guarantee a positive review and therefore do not affect the opinion or content of the review.
Have I ever mentioned I hate Romeo and Juliet with a burning passion and thought it was boring as fuck in high school? (Or maybe it was the paper and assignments that came with it… 🧐)
No? Yeah, my experience with Romeo and Juliet was no bueno, so you’re probably wondering, “Sophia, if you hated the original play by Shakespeare, why the actual hell are you interested in reading a retelling???”
Do I hate Feather as much as I hated Romeo and Juliet? Nawh. I actually enjoyed the first in Olivia Wildenstein’s newest series (for the most part), Angels of Elysium, and by the time I was finished with Feather, I plopped the sequel right into my TBR.
Thoughts about Feather:
- Follows Leigh as she takes on a mission to complete her wings so she can ascend to Elysium (and potentially marry a hot AF archangel).
Please note the hot AF is in relation to all the characters’ reactions.Her newest mission is the worst kind of Sinner, aka Jarod Adler.
- Most of Feather after Leigh and Jarod meet is full of them getting under each other’s skin constantly. It’s a delightful trip and times were had while reading. I do love me some good angst that makes me snicker a little.
“You’re not a feather; you’re a quill,” he grumbled.
- I feel there is a huge focus on the romance building up between Leigh and Jarod, but I also enjoyed the world-building setting readers up for future books!
- I enjoyed the side characters a lot! I especially like Muriel, someone who cares about Jarod like her own children and is an absolute boss at cooking. I also love Celeste, a true rebel in her own right and someone I deem a Cinnamon Roll™.
- The character development for Leigh was fun to watch progress throughout Feather! When we first meet our almost ascended angel, she sticks to the rules and has never lost a feather in her missions. You could say she’s naive and innocent.
- I actually thought this is a stand-alone at first, but it’s not! One of my favorites is going to be taking the lead in the sequel. Not only am I excited about that, but I’m also invested in finding out what happens next.
- Signed Copy of Feather
- US Only 😔