Happy New Year, bookwyrms! Welcome to our very first wrap-up of many for the new year. Well, when we feel like writing a wrap-up that is… because there’s no pressure, right? Not when you have goals that you want to accomplish in 2019.
But FIRST, we begin with a trophy presented to Kaleena from Reader Voracious for urging me to um… look for that like button option. I struggled to find the option and then I
gave up forgot completely until a few months ago one Discord night last year when she encouraged me to search again.
Then she promptly liked my 50 Shades of Grey trailer opinions post because apparently smol Sophia is hilarious AF. We’re not linking that, bookwyrms. (Except now that everyone knows that, you’re probably going to search for that post.)
This Week’s Posts
- [30 Dec] Why Villains Should Steal New Year’s Instead of Christmas
- [31 Dec] Blasting Out of 2018 and Into 2019 with Goals
- [2 Jan] White Stag by Kara Barbieri ★★★
- [4 Jan] Fandom Friday: Happy New Year!
- [6 Jan] Weekly Wrap-Up: Happy New Year, A Trophy for Kaleena
- [8 Jan] The Girl King by Mimi Yu ★★
- [10 Jan] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate | One of the Most Hype Games of December
- [11 Jan] Fandom Friday: Carmen Sandiego, Shadow and Bone, + More!
- [15 Jan] The Princess Switch (2018) | So Bad Sometimes, It Was Funny
- [17 Jan] Should We Fight or Surrender to the Reading Slump?
- [22 Jan] The Heartbreakers by Ali Novak ★★★★
- [24 Jan] All Is Fair by Dee Garretson ★★★
- [29 Jan] Sometimes I Don’t Like Writing Reviews
- [31 Jan] The Cruel Prince by Holly Black ★★
- [5 Feb] The Flame Queen by Dax Munro ★
- [7 Feb] Two Witches and a Whiskey by Annette Marie ★★★★★
- [12 Feb] Three Love Clichés I’m Done With (And They Need to Die)
- [14 Feb] Anti-Valentine’s Day Tag | I’ll Never Win Over Will Herondale
- [18 Feb] Anthony from Keep Reading Forward | Novel Newcomers
- [19 Feb] Last of Her Name by Jessica Khoury ★★★★
- [21 Feb] Pretend She's Here by Luanne Rice ★★★½
- [26 Feb] #Starstruck by Sariah Wilson ★★★★★
- [28 Feb] How I Try to Write Realistic Relationships
- [3 Mar] Weekly Wrap-Up: Lookie, a Bookish Discord Server!
- [4 Mar] Kelly (From Belgium with Book Love) | Novel Newcomers
- [5 Mar] Opposite of Always by Justin A. Reynolds ★★★★★
- [6 Mar] The Shadow Glass by Rin Chupeco ★★★★½
- [7 Mar] Book Series I Should Attempt to Finish Because I’m Forgetful
- [12 Mar] Golden Curse by M. Lynn ★
- [14 Mar] March 2019 Goals Update: How I Am Doing So Far? (Plus New Ones!)
- [18 Mar] 5 Ways for Blogging in a Busy World | Novel Newcomers (Lisa from Lili Star Reads)
- [21 Mar] #Moonstruck by Sariah Wilson ★★½
- [26 Mar] Sky Without Stars by Jessica Brody, Joanne Rendell ★★★★
- [28 Mar] Why Readers Should Be Involved In Book Adaptations
- [1 Apr] Naughty or Nice Tag | Because Spring Isn’t Really Here
- [2 Apr] Five Things in My Life that Get Me “Amped”
- [4 Apr] Five Reasons to Start an Accomplishments Journal
- [7 Apr] Why You Need a Mobile Friendly or Responsive Blog
- [9 Apr] Demon Magic and a Martini by Annette Marie ★★★★½
- [10 Apr] Through the White Wood by Jessica Leake ★★★½
- [11 Apr] We’re All Successful Book Bloggers
- [14 Apr] Smoke and Key by Kelsey Sutton ★★★★
- [15 Apr] Anna from The Scones and Tomes Society | Novel Newcomers
- [29 Apr] Five Backlist YA Fantasies You Might Have Missed | Novel Newcomers (Kelly from Another Book In the Wall)
- [13 May] Diana @ Fortunately, the Book | Novel Newcomers
- [15 May] Signs Your Blog is Evolving
- [21 May] The Rebellious Sister by Sarah Noffke, Michael Anderle ★★★½
- [21 May] Don't Bet on Love by Victorine E. Lieske ★½
- [21 May] I Dare You by Ilsa Madden-Mills ★★★★½
- [23 May] Robbergirl by S.T. Gibson ★★★½
- [24 May] Secrets of a Fangirl by Erin Dionne ★★★★★
- [29 May] The Prince's Prisoner by Klarissa King, Isla Jones ★★★
- [4 Jun] Chasing Midnight by Kaitlyn Davis | Feast your eyes upon the cover
- [6 Jun] Red Winter by Annette Marie ★★½
- [13 Jun] The Chosen by Taran Matharu ★★★
- [17 Jun] Kerys from The Everlasting Library | Novel Newcomers
- [5 Jul] Spin the Dawn by Elizabeth Lim ★★★★★
- [17 Jul] The Pressures of Book Hype | Novel Newcomers (Xandra from Starry Sky Books)
- [20 Jul] The Phantom Forest by Liz Kerin ★★★★
- [29 Jul] Storm and Fury by Jennifer L. Armentrout ★★★½
- [28 Aug] Chasing Midnight by Kaitlyn Davis ★★★★½
- [4 Sep] The Wicked King by Holly Black ★★★★★
- [11 Sep] Elizabeth from Before We Go Blog | Novel Newcomers
- [16 Sep] Parting Worlds by Kaitlyn Davis | Cover reveal on my birthday! 💃💃💃
- [8 Oct] The Dragon Warrior by Katie Zhao ★★★★★
- [16 Oct] Our Wayward Fate by Gloria Chao ★★★★
- [22 Oct] Soul of the Sword by Julie Kagawa ★★★½
- [24 Oct] Should You Start a Book Blog? ft. Signs to Inspire You to Start
- [26 Oct] Kingdom of the Blazing Phoenix by Julie C. Dao ★★★★
- [29 Oct] The Never Tilting World by Rin Chupeco
- [1 Nov] #Awestruck by Sariah Wilson ★
- [2 Nov] How to Continue Blogging Even After 7 Years | It’s the blog’s birthday!
- [5 Nov] The Bookworm Crush by Lisa Brown Roberts ★★★★½
- [7 Nov] First Year by Rachel E. Carter ★★★½
- [9 Nov] Ways to Cope with a Character Death (and Other Unfortunate Scenes)
- [10 Nov] Weekly Wrap-Up: I’m Attempting a Pinterest Contest
- [12 Nov] Why I Don’t Have a Million Goodreads Shelves | ft. the Shelves I Currently Have
- [15 Nov] Taming Demons for Beginners by Annette Marie ★★★★½
- [16 Nov] Favorite Reads Over the Course of Bookwyrming Thoughts
- [20 Nov] Shrouded Kingdom by Rachel Medhurst ★½
- [22 Nov] Parting Worlds by Kaitlyn Davis ★★★★½
- [23 Nov] What Kind of Blogger Are You? (Quiz!)
- [1 Dec] Ways a Villain Could Ruin the Holiday Season
- [21 Dec] Feather by Olivia Wildenstein ★★★★
- [31 Dec] How Badly Did My 2019 Goals Go? (Spoiler: Not so great at the end)
I also listed my Top 8 YA Books of 2018 over at The Arts STL, and I just noticed there’s an indie book on there. 😱
The only book I got is This Cruel Design by Emily Suvada, right on New Year’s Day. The person before me must be cruel to do this to me.
I got nothing. I’m honestly this waiting for the textbook list from my university. That will be the next book haul which should be soon!
Surprisingly I didn’t read as much as I hoped I would??? I finished Grail by Realm Lovejoy after nearly 3 years since I read Sword and found the series available on Kindle Unlimited. Then the reading luck continued with The River Witch by Helena Rookwood, so now I’m backed up on dragging books throughout early 2019, in between ARCs and other reviews.
I then started Last of Her Name by Jessica Khoury because I read physical ARCs slower than I read eARCs. Might as well start early.
I also started Dragon Pearl by Yoon Ha Lee and omg it is amazing and I’m enjoying myself a lot. When you read a book a little slow so it doesn’t end so quickly.
Sophia is bugging me to read This Mortal Coil by Emily Suvada. I am aware that she got the sequel on new years. My goal this week is to go to the library and hopefully they have it available. I know I can put a hold on the title and get it later. Recently I got a new card at a library I am not familiar with. So I got to get used to the website and all that stuff. That is a big downside to moving counties.
One more week before I go back to classes, RIP to me. Most of my January posts are scheduled, so a lot of my time was spent doing nothing but typing up posts that may or may not show up in the future. And hanging out on Discord outside work because who sleeps?
PLUS I KNOCKED OUT A GOAL ALREADY. Lupe is officially in the New Bloggers Discord Server and wow, this is a smol accomplishment.
The spring semester is upon us! Well for some of us.
I signed up for a two-week online class called Love 101 which begins tomorrow. It was the only class that sounded ridiculous and easy. I will certainly let you know if I learn anything interesting.
I did join the New Bloggers Discord Server. Even though I am not on the chat all the time, it is fun to get to know other book lovers!